Saturday, September 15, 2007

Week #1

It is has been a long and hard week. There have been some really good points to it, but overall it has been discouraging. Year #6 of teaching has begun, and in some ways I am restless. When I graduated and first started teaching, I never saw myself lasting more than five years. Well, here I am--I love the work with the kids, but all of the peripheral junk that one has to deal with in the course of the teaching profession has left me discouraged. While this was only the first full week, it feels like it has been a month. For the first time since I started teaching, I find myself randomly having fleeting visions of other things I could be doing with my life. At this point in time, the thought of staying in the profession until I have to retire seems like a life sentence. It is truly my hope that the Lord will remove me at some point from the whole teaching thing. I need a break. But until then I must wait.

"But they that wait up the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments: